The Pilates Academy International manual has been designed to educate students, to empower apprentices, and to provide a constant reference to Pilates instructors long after they've completed their courses.
- Each exercise is clearly listed on each page, along with the Tier, Target Muscle Group and Spinal Motion for easy referencing
- The Goal of Each Exercise, Prerequisites and Contraindications are clearly listed at the top of each page
- Exercise Set Up: The starting position for each exercise is broken down, along with the necessary equipment (or mat)
- Each movement of the exercise is outlined with the corresponding breath
- “What to Watch For!” section creates a quick guide for the instructor of common pitfalls of each exercise.
- Modifications are listed, which can be implemented to either make the exercise more accessible or increase the intensity or difficulty
- A list of props that can be incorporated in this exercise is provided so that variety can be added quickly and easily
- A Biomechanics section so that target muscles can be shaded in interactively, facilitating learning
- Primary mobilizers and stabilizers are listed for quick and easy reference
- To aid in the jump to practice teaching, a simplified “cues at a glance” provides simple prompts
Appendices at the back of the manual include a comprehensive list of all exercise in chart format, information on designing an introductory lesson, and an overall workout template to aid you in designing workouts.
Finally, the manual's index provides an excellent way to look up exercises quickly. Each exercise can be located by name, by Tier, by Target Muscle group, and by Spinal Motion.
NOTE!!! If you are an ULTIMATE MEMBER, this manual is INCLUDED in your subscription! Select EDUCATION VIDEOS from the Purple Menu Bar to select the exercises you wish to learn and you can download the manual pages there.